CTANZ Symposium 2022
Traditions: observance or departure
Friday 13 May – Sunday 15 May 2022 at Oamaru Opera House, Oamaru
The theme for the 2022 symposium provides space to explore how various traditions inform our understandings of costumes and textiles. Given it is the 20th anniversary of CTANZ in 2022 there is also scope to reflect on our own history over the last two decades.
We invite papers of 20 minutes duration followed by Q&A on topics that explore aspects of Traditions, including but not limited to:
- observances and/or departures
- kōrero tuku iho
- patterns, colours and labels
- youth/generational viewpoints
- contemporary takes and innovations
- liberation and constraint
- reminiscence and memories
Please submit your abstract as a Word document of up to 300 words, with a short biography, and saved as surname_firstname.docx by 14 November 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org All submissions will be peer reviewed and authors advised of acceptance or not by 30th November 2021.
On the first page please include your full name, paper title, and contact email address.
- Applicants are not required to be members of the Costume and Textile Association of New Zealand (CTANZ).
- Final papers will be eligible for inclusion in Context, a peer reviewed CTANZ bi-annual publication.
- Registration information for the symposium Traditions: observance or departure will be available in due course, and the programme will be advised soon after presenters have been notified.